Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Have you, a friend or family member been the victim of a recent motorcycle accident in Joplin, MO? You should know that your chiropractor at Skaggs Chiropractic has years of experience treating injuries stemming from motorcycle crashes and relieving pain and symptoms in our warm and caring chiropractic setting.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries Treated at Skaggs Chiropractic
At Skaggs Chiropractic, your preferred chiropractic care provider in Joplin, we routinely see patients seeking help for their injuries from motorcycle accidents and we welcome the opportunity to provide treatment to you. Examples of the most common injuries that can occur with motorcycle crashes include:
- Whiplash: A typical injury from motorcycle accidents, whiplash causes pain and damage in the neck because of the sudden force on the spine.
- Concussions: Whether you lost consciousness or not, chances are you have a concussion. The best way to treat that bell ringer that occurred from hitting the helmet on the pavement is simply Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). HBOT will lift that mental fog and start you back on the road to recovery.
- Back Pain: A range of problems can occur in the back, with damage to the spine and surrounding muscles. Spinal misalignment or a herniated disc will benefit from chiropractic adjustments.
- Neck Pain: Even when whiplash has not occurred, soft tissue injuries to the neck are common problems plaguing motorcycle accident victims.
- Hip and Pelvic Misaligned: When you have gone through a traumatic event like a motorcycle accident, your hip and pelvis could get knocked out of alignment.
- Road Rash: Is that pavement burn on bare skin that takes forever to properly heal and oozes constantly. Our low level laser facilitates quicker healing of the wound with decreased scar tissue.
Look Dr. Skaggs is a rider, he understands riding a bike down, he has been there and done that!
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Recovering from Motorcycle Accidents
As an expert in auto accident injury care, Dr. Skaggs has a keen interest in helping his patients by reducing their pain and discomfort after they’ve gone through a motorcycle crash. To that end, Dr. Skaggs has conducted extensive research into the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) and is a member of the International Hyperbaric Medical Association.
After your consultation and comprehensive examination, Dr. Skaggs will devise a personalized treatment plan just for you. While setting up your healing program, Dr. Skaggs may suggest the use of HBOT to alleviate your pain and discomfort from the motorcycle accident.
HBOT is a medically recognized form of treatment that involves the patient entering a full body chamber and resting comfortably while oxygen at a level of 95% to 97% is supplied to the patient. This triggers the body’s natural healing processes to start up. Injuries heal faster with the boost in oxygen. Swelling reduces and white blood cells fueled by additional oxygen are able to kill off bacteria more effectively.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Joplin Chiropractor Today
If you have questions about our approach to motorcycle accidents and the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, we invite you to contact our Joplin Chiropractor at Skaggs Chiropractic, LLC at 417-624-4242 today.