Top 5 Conditions Treated with Hyberbaric Oxygen Therapy
Top 5 Conditions Treated By Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment
According to the Mayo Clinic, hyperbaric oxygen treatment is a well-established therapy for decompression sickness and it is effective in other ailments because it increases the oxygen in your blood. Increased oxygen in your blood means faster healing from certain injuries and faster recovery from certain illnesses. We offer this treatment at Skaggs Chiropractic, LLC so if you are looking for a chiropractor in Joplin, come in to see if your injury or illness can use the healing boost of HBOT.
Conditions Treated by Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Joplin
- Decompression sickness is a big use of HBOT because it helps patients restore their oxygen balance in their body.
- Injuries related to being crushed referred to as acute traumatic ischemia. The extra oxygen is often one of the best plans of treatment.
- Traumatic brain injury because it delivers increased oxygen to the areas in the brain that need new cell growth. This treatment has shown promising results so far in research studies.
- Skin conditions ranging from burns, severe cuts, and infections such as necrotic tissue infections. Some hard to treat infections benefit greatly from the oxygen boost.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Since carbon monoxide poisoning causes a lack of oxygen to important areas like the brain, HBOT treatment can be of great benefit.
- The treatment has also been used as an outside the box, alternative way to treat Alzheimer’s, infertility, and even cancer. This is due to the inherent improvement the overall system receives from the increased oxygen in the blood that is able to reach further where it is needed.
Call Skaggs Chiropractic, LLC for Oxygen Therapy in Joplin, MO
Call us at Skaggs Chiropractic, LLC to schedule an appointment for a comprehensive exam and ask about HBOT. We proudly serve Joplin and the surrounding areas. If you are suffering from a condition or are having trouble healing then Oxygen Therapy may be right for you. Reach us at 417-624-4242